Getting kids to do jobs

Last night was a great "mother moment".  My 13 year old daughter asked me if she could be in charge of the family night lesson.  I said sure.  Apparently she was not happy about how the the family was dealing with the clean and dirty dishes in our house because she made a power point about doing jobs.  Then she made a chart assigning everyone a time to unload and load the dishes and help with setting the table.  I was really impressed with her inititive.  What a great girl!

Another tool I have found that worked really well during the summer (when we had more time to do jobs) was a web site called "My Job Chart".  I really should be implementing this during the school year too.


Parents can go in and assign jobs and a point value to go with the job and what days the kids need to do the job.  It took a bit of time to set up, but once it's done, it keeps track for you.  So if the kids do their jobs they can get a reward.  It will also allow you to pay part of the reward to a charity.  (I'm thinking tithing.)  If you want you can even set up a reward system that allows the kids to buy things from Amazon.com with the points they have earned.  The best part?  It's FREE!  You can check it out here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Organization Ideas

Ward, Neighborhood Progressive Dinner Activity

LDS Girls Camp Idea, 12 Virgins and oil.